Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 11

Day 11 and I've hit a snag. It's been tough before this, but something is different. Or the same - meaning the same as every other time - and it scares me to death. I gained a pound this morning. Anxiety creeped in. Scott says to breathe. I tried not to think about it, but I was in a funk all day. Why do I let it consume me? The difference this time is that I didn't quit. Those of you who know me know I'm not a quitter. Except with this. I've quit more weight loss attempts than I have hairs on my head.

Per Scott's advice, I am hiding the scale. I need to trust in the journey. Trust in my body. Trust myself. Believe in myself. Can I actually do that? Do I have the strength? Today is over. I made it, I made good decisions. Now for tomorrow. One day at a time. Good decisions tomorrow. BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

4 comments:

Rob said...

Take it as gospel from someone who is headed down the same path and hits bumps too. Take Scott's advice and hide the scale. My doc told me to weigh once a week. Daily fluctuation are going to happen and you can't let that one pound be your undoing. I have let it be mine too many times too. Hang in there, you are doing AWESOME things for yourself and your family. So proud of you!

Lisa www.nosickvisits.com ; www.just10lbswithlisa.blogspot.com said...

We're supporting you Cara! When you don't have the strength, lean on those who do. I believe in you! It's a marathon, not a sprint. :))

Liz said...

You can keep making those good decisions for yourself one meal at a time. I know you can. I'm pulling for you.

Amy said...

Amen Rob! You can't let the scale rule your progress unless you weigh yourself at exactly the same time of day in exactly the same (or no) clothing. It's not worth the stress! After I get on a roll with weight loss, I ditch the scale and go by how my clothing fits. It's a much more positive journey for me :)